DIY Advent Wreath


As mommas, we set the tone of our home. This truth became even more apparent to me today. I am sick and I've pretty much all but lost my voice. I have been speaking to the kids in a whisper and it was amazing to see the tone of our home slow to a hush. My whispers quieted our normally loud and talkative home.

Sometimes we need to slow to a whisper, especially during the Christmas season. So many things are screaming at us, trying to gain our attention. A simple Advent wreath is an easy way to quiet our spirits and turn our hearts to the true meaning of Christmas, the coming of Emmanuel- God with us.

Advent begins Sunday, December 3rd. There are so many ways to celebrate, but we are choosing to celebrate weekly. It just feels doable in the midst of life with three little children. On Sundays there will simply be the lighting of the candle, a short Scripture reading and prayer. This is one tradition that doesn't need to feel overwhelming, actually the point of an Advent wreath is wholly opposite of overwhelming. It should usher in peace.

((I love what reformedworship.org put together and will be using their Scripture and Prayers. You can check it out here.))





Now for the DIY, its so simple writing directions feels silly but just incase here's what I did

What you will need:
4 Candles & Candle sticks
Fresh greenery (I used eucalyptus which was 2.99 at Trader Joes, they also had some pretty garland and wreaths that are preformed)
Grapevine wreath or something circular shaped to form your wreath around

I had a wire wreath that normally hangs on my bedroom door. I gently wove the eucalyptus through it  until it made a circle and then placed the candle sticks in the middle. You can really make this your own. The possibilities are endless.

((Obviously, be careful with open flame so close to greenery!))

Incase you are looking for something more, I also ordered Paul David Tripp's book Come Let Us Adore Him. It has 31 family devotionals designed to make Christ the focus of Christmas. I have also heard great things about Truth in the Tinsel and we did this Jesus Storybook reading plan last year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#NoRegrets and the Cross

This Is A Hard Season